Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Broken

My left arm :(

yep, so you guessed it-  I'm a gimp.  This week I fractured the radius of my left arm, near my elbow joint, and now sport a "fabulous" cast.  I took a bad fall in Taekwondo  (after attempting to do a kick after running up a 'wall', aka I forgot i'm not actually Korean) and as a result have the first cast of my life--and hopefully the last.   As part of the "you broke your arm" deal,  I had my first taste of the Korean medical system--  and besides the extremely  sketchy  x-ray room, I was favorably impressed.  I got x-rayed, splinted, CT scanned (90 bucks-- definitely the country to get ct-ed in), which revealed that surgery would NOT be necessary- praise  God-  and a cast--> all within a 2.5 hour time frame.   Anyways- thats the update on life-- the last bit of life prior "the wall" has been quite crazy with some fun adventures so I will try to post again soon- though it might be only pictures cause typing is somewhat a chore at this point in my life.. . 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you feeling? I recently broke my arm and in a cast as well that goes all the way down to my wrist.Hows your swelling?Does your arm feel like it wants to burst out of the cast?lol. Well feel free to email me,David.

ncrozier said...

Aww, Kristen - I wish I could be there to sign your cast and type your blog post for you. So sorry you broke your arm. I'm so glad the Korean medical system was good - what a relief. love you tons! tash

Anonymous said...

Kristin! Fist of all I feel terrible that I haven't been keeping up on reading your blog and that I just found out about your broken arm. I'm sure it's healed by now, or at least really close. Sounds like if you're going to get hurt, Korea is the place to do it. I don't even want to think about how much a CT would cost here. Well I hope all is well! Love ya.