Monday, November 26, 2007

Attack of the Piranhas

So the past week has been interesting. Happy Thanksgiving to all!! I was able to have turkey as well- thanks to church and the american army. I had fun chatting with my students about the holiday- most the kids have never had turkey. I told one my students that before coming to Korea I had never had Kimchi, a Korean must-have. I wish had a photo of his reaction- his eyes became like saucers and his jaw dropped- "never had Kimchi- what kind of strange twisted land did you come from?" is the thought that passed through his mind, I'm pretty sure.

This weekend we had some pals come join us in the adventure known as Dr. Fish. 15 mins of pure pampering- or torture- depending who you ask. Watch the video. Oh yeah,one note of interest- the fish: baby piranhas.

Yep- so for fifteen minutes these friendly teethed fish eat the dead skin off your feet- leaving them soft and freshly chewed. The first three minutes are killer- I closed my eyes and practice lamaze breathing. HeHeHooHoo HeHe Hoo. Very effective.
This smile was not at all natural- completely forced, so as to give you the impression that this is actually enjoyable.This fish got down to business- my biggest fear was that when I would try to remove my foot there would be a few fish hanging on, unwillingly to let the feast end. . .

2 comments:

Steph Lloyd said...

what the heck?!? i've never heard of that! where'd you go for that?!?

ncrozier said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! YIKES! That looks beyond gross. I can't believe you actually put your feet in and kept them there! Wow. Does it feel ok by the end or are you numb from shock?