Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rafting

Couple weekends ago my taekwondo coach arranged a rafting trip for the younger kids and his token foreigners. There were the usual "we don't know what we're getting ourselves into" moments but generally it was a great day trip- loved getting out of the city, away from the millions of people it holds and into the countryside. It was absolutely beautiful- we were about 2.5 hours east of Seoul via TKD van (which I should really post a picture of- its paint job is something else, it sports a tiger- we'll leave it at that).
Us and our coach- who it turned out was planning on fishing while we were rafting- we of course didn't let that happen. Don't we look amazing in our subtle life jackets?? Just wait for the orange life jacket / blue helmet combo- its a treat.Getting the kidlets readyWe are ready and excited, and look amazingEnjoying a swim break- swimming is hard to come by in the Seoul area- especially in clean natural water.
a little "chicken"--rafting- style




More swimming- there was one kid who absolutely loved swimming and floating around, but whose actually swimming skills were a bit lacking- he kept having to be retrieved after floating down the river- I swear we almost lost him to the "raging" rapids once.
The view from our lunch al fresco- did I mention I loved being away from the city??
Anyways, great trip

No comments: