Earlier this month my mom came out to good ol' Korea to experience life as I know it, which apparently involves weekend trips to beautiful islands- tis a hard life I lead, I know. We headed south to Jeju- commonly referred to as Korea's Hawaii.

After hopping off the plane, we made our way down to our hotel- stopping to take in the view as we drove-- this is sunrise peak- it was our first beach stop of the trip :)

This is one of the waterfalls in Jeju (obviously ;)

These are some random Korean chicas that are taking photos of the waterfall- check out the heels- they had to wade through the river and a small waterfall to get where they were in those shoes- Korean girls do NOT let heels slow them down- its amazing what they can do in 3 inch heels

Another view of the waterfall

Nope, this photo was not posed.

Part of the coastline- we wanted to go on the walkway but the entrance man turned us away- apparently it was closing time.

This is a view of the cliffs from the above walkway (We discovered that closing time didn't really mean closing time- we followed a family to the walkway which was full of people :)

I finally got to ride a dolphin!! hehe- taking this picture definitely attracted some strange looks

Another waterfall-- romantically lit for all honeymooning couples

This boat is said to be how Korean culture first reached Japan. One historian decided to prove that it was indeed possible for a person to get from Korea to Japan on this boat. He apparently made the trek though I'm not quite sure how- I was concerned simply standing on the boat on the edge of pond- I'm certain a wave would destroy that little raft.

Posing by more famous coastlines :)

Getting in touch with the dancer inside

Mom and I took a quick exercise break- Korea has public exercise parks all over the place

A rock that we simply wanted to climb- and did.

Chocolate factory!!
Anyways- the trip was great, it was nice to see a different side of Korean culture, and escape the crowds of the city. Great to see so many trees and palm trees- fun to drive a car again (first time in 10 months, and nope, there were no incidents)
No comments:
Post a Comment