Monday, August 18, 2008

Everland Extravaganza

During a recent long weekend the native teachers of A-class decided to take on Everland to get a much needed rollercoaster fix. Everland is a a theme park on the outskirt of Seoul- took us about 1.5 hours to get there via a standing-room-only bus.

Happy to finally be off the bus.Anticipating our first rollercoaster of the day!The best of the rollercoasters- The T Express- so good, we waited in line twice.

Besides having many rides the back featured a zoo, complete with animal shows- we watched a animal variety show which included a wiener dog chasing a tiger across stage and the seal show, complete with a Korean Pirate invading the sleepy little seal town.The monkey won but I think it had something to do with the fact it was made of stone.Camel ride anyone??
The park also had some rose gardens- random, but nice to walk through. The place was quite big and built on hills- so for your convenience there were a couple ski lifts to help you get up- as well as moving sidewalks up the hill for those with strollers- or those who were just plain lazy.
Becky and I on the wild river rafting ride.
These tribal people attacking us.

The crazy workers on the wild rafting ride- all are boys and all can move their hips faster than most girls I know.
Ah, lanterns.

1 comment:

AshleyShell@gmail.com said...

Hi--I stumbled across your blog by googling "blonde in korea" because I am blonde and considering taking a position teaching English in Cheonan City. I was looking through at your pictures etc.--mind if I ask what city you're teaching in? I think you can just comment back on here and it will notify me by email.