We did a boat cruise to an island and then stationed ourselves there for a few days and did some exploring.
There's something like 3000 of the rock islands jutting out of the bay- it was cloudy but still beautiful.
Okay, so the above pic is admittedly poor quality, but I like how everyone was piled on one end of the boat- the boat wasn't goin anywhere, but they look like they are trying to make a getaway- probably from the annoying tourists that plague their little port.
This is one of many ladies who paddles around selling food and drinks out of her little row boat.
This fella's paddling (with his feet) to the floating home in the distance.
We were able to do some kayaking while in the bay which was fun. Amy and I are both generally speaking, coordinated people, but we had an issue with this double kayak and its desire to always turn right. . .(its best to always blame it on the inanimate object)
A fellow kayaker peering into a cave. . .
The jungle surroundings. . ..
After the hike we were waiting for our bus and were recruited to play soccer with the local kids (and a few brave adults)- we were schooled by a 12 year old, who occasionally used his team for help:) We finished the game when the skys opened- I went from completely dry to soaking wet (a rain goddess as one friend would say) in literally 5 seconds.
These are some of the kids from the game. I would distract this kid, who was on the other team, with random taekwondo screams and poses- it sent him running, in fear I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment