Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Santorini Part II

So . . .to quote a friend. . . my brother from another mother (that was painful Katy) Tim and I decided to rent a car, after waiting for the bus unsuccessfully, so that we could fully explore the island. And explore we did. From black sand to red sand beaches, tiny little villages with some of the coolest streets, and beautiful countryside, we saw it all. And the best part of all: tiny island= impossible to get lost (not that WE would ever get lost ;)

Black sand beach- the sand was so warm, wonderful to walk on now given with balmy temps in the 70s, but apparently downright unbearable come the hot summer months.

Red Beach
Countryside and a very unique blue domed church (probably 1 of 100 on the island ;)

Produce!!
Church in Fira
Oia






And. . . I know you've all been waiting: The window photo
and the door :)

3 comments:

Ashli said...

I loved Santorini and I truely could live there too. Did you get to ride the donkeys?

katy said...

Bit of a public place for a bath, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures Kristin!
-Laura Smith