Monday, April 26, 2010

Athens!!!


So after a mini- nightmare delay I finally made it to Athens, Greece!! My original trip started with Istanbul, but when volcanoes start erupting, things change. Greece was one of the few countries in Europe whose airports remained open, for which I was thankful.

Tim greeted me at the airport, we dropped by our hostel and then hit up Athens. Our goal was to see all the main attractions that day and leave the following morning. We avoided certain areas due to rioting, and other areas we weren't allowed to enter b/c companies were on strike, such as the Acropolis. I ask you, who in the world would ever shut down something like the Acropolis. Turns out Athenians. . . oh well. We enjoyed it from a distance anyways.

Me, tired and relieved to actually be in Europe.
Tim excited to take on Athens.
I like doors. Especially colored ones. And windows. Expect to see lots of similar photos.
Ruins( Acropolis and more) : this was as close as we could get.
We walked up a large hill to view the city . . .you can (kind of) see the acropolis in the distance.
Contemplating the City
Church at top of the hill
Parliament
Graffiti on Cactii, now that's something new. . .

No comments: