So I have been here for a full week now, and the week has been full of many firsts. First Classes. First chopstick set. First hike in the Surisan Mountains. And the subsequent first time getting lost (thankfully I ran into one of my students who kindly directed me- after what appearred to be a very heated discussion among his friends on the best route home). Anyways, here are some more pictures and movies of life!
Our first homecooked meal- Korean pancakes! Tanya and Jeff- please note the touch of Louisiana we added!
Of the many new foods I have sampled this week squid, fish soup, kim bop, which is pretty much the korean version of a sandwhich (rice and random ingredients + tuna all wrapped together in seaweed), the quail egg below was my favorite.
Here is a video tour of the city at night. We are standing in the center of it, at the fountain where everyone meets their parties. Well, its suppose to be a fountain- I haven't actually witnessed any founting yet. . .
1 comment:
holy cow! Korea! I didn't know that's where you would end up. I'm quite jealous as I sit here at home in Bellingham. I will definitely be keeping up with your blog and keeping you in my prayers!
Love ya,
H
Post a Comment