Sunday, September 16, 2007

Well, life is beginning to settle into a bit of a schedule. Teaching school- studying Korean- practicing Taekwondo so as to look at least a little more coordinate as I throw a punch and the 8 year old kid next to me does a 360 round kick thing :) Katy and I kept it pretty low key this weekend. We took the subway to a market about 15 minutes from us to do some adventuring. We actually were looking for a pair of shoes I wanted- I know, forever a girl, but we ended up finding this really cool central market. I have been wondering what meals I would be able to cook here in Korea but now that we have found the spot to buy eel(look closely at the bottom left), I no longer wonder ;) Anyways it was a fun time of walking arounding exploring the different fruits and fish and vegetables, including corn (which is much chewier in Korea). There were also an inordinate amount of bedding/pillow stores- so I bought a comforter- my apartment now feels much more like home. Katy and I also did some late night rearranging (sorry to the folks who live below me!!) I will post a tour of my home sometime soon.On sunday we joined a friend at his church then hit up a bookstore for some books on learning Korean- these were the first text books that I bought voluntarily-haha.

Here are a couple photos from last week. We helped our taekwondo Grand Master do some recruiting- basically he set up some board breaking events for the children who were coming out of school. Here Katy is getting her first board breaking lesson from our grand master.The sidewalk was eventually swarmed by youngsters anxious for the chance to break something. These boys were all paying close attention for when it would be their turn.

And lastly, here is a picture of the fountain in the center of downtown Sanbon- this time its working- the little boy in the photo was attempting to play with the fountain and yet not get wet. . .

No comments: