From Rome we took the train up north to Cinque Terre on the coast in Italy, a strip of five fishing villages built into the cliffs on the sea, with hiking and exceptional views.
Unfortunately, the weather took us by storm instead, and the coastal trail that links the towns were closed due to crazy seas and rainfall. . . we quickly adjusted our plans and decided to leave a few hours early and went down to Pisa for a fast walk to the leaning tower (where everyone and their mother were snapping photos of themselves "holding up" the tower- so I just sat and smiled . . . I know, completely original.
Look! I fixed the tower. . .not so much of a lean anymore, hey?
And then . . .train to Florence.
As always, more to come.
1 comment:
"everyone and their mother"
It's Mother's Day. :)
Post a Comment